Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pizza: New and Improved!

GUESS WHAT!?


You can make really good pizza dough in about 2 hours. And you can do it in your own oven. Remember this recipe for ciabatta? If you halve it, it makes a perfect pizza dough crust for two. Note that you can make this dough by hand, but a kitchenaid-type device certainly makes things faster and easier.



To prove this to you, I invite you to imagine you are biting into the pizzas in the following photos:


We divided our pizza dough into two personal pizzas so we could have two types. One has red onions, red peppers, and mozzarella, and the other has spinach, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella. We baked them at 500ยบ on a pre-heated baking stone for about 15 minutes.


This dough is amazing and I urge you to try it. I imagine it would do well on the barbecue too, although this is an adventure I have yet to try.




Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

2 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic looking. I can't wait to try it.

    Saludos,
    Don Cuevas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza looks fantastic.

    I did imagine I was biting into the pizza in that picture and it DID make my actual lunch a bummer.

    --Nick/imafoodblog.com

    ReplyDelete